Reminder: Volunteers needed for Slope Day, 2017
Slope Day, slated for May 11, still needs volunteers to provide support and care for their fellow Cornellians.
Volunteers can select from among a variety of duties and opportunities:
- Gate crew – Welcome participants to Slope Day; check wristbands and distribute water. Volunteers needed at Cornell Health, North and South Gates
- SlopeFest - An alcohol-free activity fair on Ho Plaza.
- Gap coverage and Check-point – Staff and faculty volunteers are really needed here to cover the areas between the gates and make sure everyone is safe.
- ID checkers and Beer Queue – ID checkers will be required to attend a training prior to the day of the event.
- Wristband distribution – Founders and Anabel Taylor – assisting in students and their guests pick-up of Slope Day wristbands in order to enter the activity.
If you are not required to work the event, consider talking to your supervisor and signing up to be a Level 2 volunteer for at least one four-hour shift.
Visit http://slopedaycornell.edu/volunteer/ to sign up. View the “Pay Guidelines for Staff” to see how to claim your time. Complete details of all volunteer opportunities can be found directly on the sign-up form.