- Fall mixers promote social wellness
Already 34 people have registered for the two fall mixers Cornell Wellness will pilot this November to provide opportunities for people to meet others who share the same interests in physical and/or social activities. They already have indicated the following interests:
- Dance sports, 15 people
- Water sports, 21 people
- Snow sports, 17 people
- Trail sports, 23 people
- Racquet sports, 9 people
- Hiking local trails, 18 people
- Seasonal fruit picking at local farms, 20 people
- Food tasting, 21 people
- Wine tasting, 20 people
- Cooking classes, 20 people
Faculty and staff are welcome to attend one or both mixers, to be held Nov. 10, 5:30-6:30 p.m., in the East Hill Office Building, and Nov. 14, noon-1 p.m., at Helen Newman Hall, by registering through a Fall Mixer pre-survey.
Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided.
Smart Money Moves in Your 40s, 50s, 60s and Beyond – Nov. 10, noon-1 p.m.,G10 Biotechnology Building. In this workshop,MetLife presents ways to help build your retirement savings, get the right asset allocation, understand tax diversification, and be emotionally prepared for lifestyle changes. Register: www.MetLifePlanSmart.com (enter Cornell) or call 866-801-3547.
Social Security: A Discussion – Nov. 15, noon-1 p.m., G10 Biotechnology Building. Voya presents an on-campus luncheon and discussion led by Tom Formanek, Social Security Administration, Ithaca office; and Steve Donella, Jr. and Courtenay Tresco, Voya campus representatives on items to consider with your Social Security benefits, answering such questions as:
- What do I consider when deciding when to start my benefit?
- I applied for early benefits and now regret the decision. Is there anything I can do?
- What happens if I go back to work after starting Social Security?
- How long do I need to be married to collect a spousal benefit?
- I’m divorced; can I collect social security off my ex-spouses’ record?
- What will happen to my survivor benefit if I remarry?
Register by contacting Courtenay Tresco at email@example.com or call 315-682-3957. A light lunch will be provid
Women and Finance: Planning on Your Own – Dec. 1, noon-1 p.m., G10 Biotechnology Building. Fidelity presents why it is important to plan on your own: decide when you will be able to retire; estimate how long your money may last; and prepare for challenges you may face in retirement. Register at http://getguidance.fidelity.com or call 800-642-7131. R.S.V.P. is required.
TIAA live webinars on many topics: https://hr.cornell.edu/sites/default/files/tiaa_oct_-_dec_webinars.pdf